Monday, June 2, 2014

Topless Tureens

white ironstone, soup tureens, wicker basket
I have a new obsession - white ironstone tureen bottoms.

Yes, topless tureens!

Don't want the tops - just the bottoms.

I want them crazed and spotted and brown with age.

 
And I want them now!





I am still in the grips of white ironstone pitchers.

But now I have fallen further into the white ironstone abyss.

Fallen hard.

The obsession came at me in a rush.

There on the front table when I entered the SPCA Thrift Shop were three perfectly distressed tureen bottoms at 50% OFF!






I immediately put them on the counter.

And my new collection began.

Love at first sight.








The volunteer had her tags and junk in this basket.

She was not going to put it out because it was so worn.

I WANT IT!

And she said yes.

I cannot even count the number of layers of paint.







Peek inside - see the rusty, crusty metal liner?

It looks quite sweet with the topless tureens.








There may be a mantel or a tablescape here.

I'll let you know.


See y'all!







Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA14

SHOP HERE! 








Follow Me on Pinterest

Knick of Time Tuesday #139 Vintage Inspiration Party
Share Your Cup Thursday #105
Fabulously Creative Friday at Jennifer Rizzo 
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
The Cottage Market Presents Junkin Joe Every Friday 
Thrifty Life Thursday #21 at Revisionary Life 

Shabbilicious Friday 



A Stroll Thru LifeWe Call It JunkinThe DIY Dreamer GREEN wILLOW POND Lavender Garden CottageSavvy Southern StyleIvy and ElephantsThoughts from AliceIvy and Elephants Lavender Garden Cottage

18 comments:

  1. Lucky you! I have the very same one as the last tureen you showed. I have a really cute square tureen that is topless and also a small rectangular one. Like you, I have no problem with going topless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, I must have the tops!! I have been collecting the tops of broken ironstone dishes. Oh my am I going bottomless...I had a mailbasket like the one you found. Di@Cottage-Wishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, Donna, score! I love the second tureen especially - the brown aging appeals to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an ironstone gravy boat that holds pencils on my desk. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm cracking up at your commentary.
    Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah.. what a hoot, and such lovely finds. Loving that old chippy basket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh be still my heart, I love them too. That basket is gorgeous, never too chippy

    ReplyDelete
  8. New life to items that others might pass by... love it! Keep rescuing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The title is funny and even funnier when I read the alliteration wrong. What's this world coming too! LOL Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think they are breathtaking. Love ironstone & adore that basket. & the $ went to the SPCA! I would in heaven if I found all these, but at one time!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can picture the tops in a garden. I do love the bottoms too. Great finds Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are having juts too much fun ... I want to come join you. Love topless tureens too because they are so easy to decorate with. I do find some of the lids interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Swinging by from TheySayItsMyLife! I can see why you love them. They have so much character and are decorated so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your styling, Donna! I have one of these but bought it new at Cosco years ago ;)
    I guess it's a compote really, but looks a lot like the one in your top photo.
    Thank you for joining the History & Home link party. -Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your tureens! You could hang the lids on the wall...but the bottoms look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the all! Yes, I can see a sweet display coming up. Wish I could find some topless tureens. Hee-hee! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous, Donna! So many creative ideas shown, love them all. You are featured this week at Ivy and Elephants, please feel free to stop by and grab a featured button.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  18. نحن أفضل شركة لشراء اثاث مستعمل دبي مثل أغطية غرف النوم ، وأكياس الصالون بسعر جيد لمقارنة أخرى ، وكذلك نحن نشتري أغطية كهربائية أيضًا.
    اثاث مستعمل دبي
    اثاث مستعمل عجمان
    اثاث مستعمل الشارقة

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!