Friday, October 7, 2016

Friday Finds

thrifty shopping, vintage finds
The best way to sum up this past week's shopping is FEW!

Yes, a few finds. 


I was busy digging out treasures bought ages ago to clean, paint and tag.

I went to ONE sale late Friday afternoon at a church.

Yes, ONE!

Seven blue and white place mats.

Two large baskets needed for displays in the booths.




It is getting close to Christmas and I need ladders for ladder Christmas trees.

Found one.















These large cast iron stove bases are great sellers for me.

They make wonderful garden benches.










Two decorative posts.

Too tall for table or stairs.











Nice details.

I am thinking someone could paint these two and use to support a high top table attached to the wall.




 

I was Janie-on-the-spot - got all items quickly to the booths.

No hunting this weekend - Hurricane Matthew has canceled all sales.

We are expecting high winds and lots of rain.

Prayers for all in the path of this storm.


See y'all!







ETSY SHOP IS CLOSED








Follow Me on Pinterest

12 comments:

  1. Great finds. Love those posts. Painted white and chippy would be awesome.
    Have a good week end. Stay safe.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, I have a stove base! Have not really figured out what to do with it. I put a huge piece of granite on it and have used it as a plant table on the patio. It seems pretty low for a bench. But I love it ! I hope the storm continues off the coast and does not come ashore. I'm praying for everyone in the path. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds, Donna. I like the stove base. Will be on the look out on my ext junk adventure.
    Stay safe!
    xo,T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful finds! I love the ladder and big baskets are always wonderful! Stay safe! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay dry and out of the wind. My daughter had to evacuate Coral Springs FL to Tampa but as things have developed she should have come home to Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good finds! I'm heading to a few sales tomorrow. Prayers for you and Chucks to stay safe & everyone else affected by Matthew!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for taking time to post and let us know you are okay with the storm. Love the two decorative posts. I would likely add a heavy base and a top and make a plant stand.
    Be safe.
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Donna, hope you are faring well with the storm. I have been following it closely. Love the bottom of the stove bench, the baskets and the posts. You've got the right idea on what they could be used for I think. Surprised you even found a ladder at all. They are scarce around here. In fact, a couple of years ago, I found a really old one discarded on the side of the road...too rickety to chance standing on it, but it was great refurbished. I sold that so quick, it made the head spin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Baskets are always great, and I love the placemats. Stay out of harm's way. I'm praying my sister from Beaufort has a place safe and sound to go back to soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that stove base. I've never seen anything like it, and I've yet to find an old wooden ladder. I may need to make my own. Thinking of you and Chucks and hoping you stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!