Saturday, April 25, 2015

Low Country Crawlin'

Junk shopping in the Summerville, SC area, Antiques & Artisans Village, Vintage South
At least twice a year my niece Leia and I go Low Country Crawlin' in the Charleston, SC area for all sorts of junk.


We start in Summerville go to Ladson go to North Charleston and back.

It had been raining buckets all week so we decided to avoid the Charleston area - the streets flood and you have to wade.

Leia found an original Ronald McDonald from the 1960's, but wa-a-a-a-y out of our price range.

This was in the back room of Antiques & Artisans Village. 

Visit Antiques & Artisans Village at the web- site HERE.








Just to prove I did not buy every rusty drawer at Vintage South.

Visit the Vintage South website HERE.

 










Buckets of cotton mill shuttles.

Boxes and shelves of casters of every size and shape.

I forgot to buy some casters.








Look for this sign on Gum Street to find rust nirvana.

I took you to their sister store Peach Festival Gardens in Gilbert, SC. (Facebook HERE!)

Remember the big giant hand? (Read post HERE!)











I have forgotten the name of this mall - it was in an old house in Summerville and moved to a larger commercial building.

Nothing in the raw here - everything beautifully painted or refinished.

However most of the prices were reasonable.



Thanks, B Micheau!  The name of the shop is Simply Vintage.

See their FB page HERE!








I swear I have turned this photo so many times my head is swimming.

I did however have to show you this creepy, taller than I am, Miss Bunny.

I gave her a kiss and put her back.

She did not have rusty drawers.

Or casters.

We ended up at Matt's for delicious burgers.

One chili cheeseburger and one mushroom Swiss melt.  We halved them to share.

Can't wait to go Low Country Crawlin' again.

If you are in the area, I would be glad to send you places to go.


See y'all!














Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA15

SHOP HERE! 







Follow Me on Pinterest

Feathered Nest Friday

giveaways
 

19 comments:

  1. Any junkin' day is a good day, but I think Leia's Ronald is creepier than your Ms. Bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna,
    Girl you do get around! Love all your junkin finds and escapades! Wish I could go on one with you. Have you been to the Antique Fair in Leesburg, VA. I've been thinking about going. It starts May 12, I think.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so much fun to do this with someone! Love the 'bunny' but glad you left it!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I WISH I was in the area! Looks like you and Leia had a great time. I'd love to have you take me around- Vintage South looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what fun you and Leia had ... so many treasures. Don't know if I could pass old castors.
    Thanks for taking us along on your crawl.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Miss Bunny is freaking me a little!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how I wish I could go crawlin' with you! Of course, we'd probably fight over lots of treasures...lol! I promise you I would not fight for the bunny or Ronald McDonald though! Creepy...lol! Have a great rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I know you had fun there! Nice to meet you I came over here to meet and follow you. Kim of Snug Harbor Bay had a post and spoke about you. Hello and I'll be seeing you..

    ReplyDelete
  10. The name of the shop is Simply Vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The name of the shop is Simply Vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds like my kind of fun. I should hitch up the trailer and try that some time

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like such a fun digging road trip! Would love to visit all those places. Clowns, even Ronald, are just dang creepy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish I lived in low country because I would be hunting every day! It also sounds like my kind of fun1

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful trip and what wonderful finds!! I'm so glad you girls had a great time! When you get a chance, pop me an email please ma'am. I'm looking for something and since you are out and about all the time searching, you may be able to find it for me! :-) Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That bunny is straight out of a horror movie. I bet she's eaten a few kids and small animals in her time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like it was a blast. This Saturday is the Route 38 Yard Sale here in Central Indiana. Mom and I can't wait. We got great stuff last year. Although this year we are taking my truck instead of mom's, due to it being out of commission... which means less space! :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a fun tradition and you came back with quite a haul.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!