Thursday, April 24, 2014

Teeny Treasure Time

The SPCA Thrift was unloading boxes of miniature everything last week.

It was teeny treasure time!

I had to pick up a few of the items.

There were doll tea sets.

This sweet trio.




doll china, miniatures, dog figurines, Shawnee pottery
This larger collection - still incomplete, but there were seventeen pieces of it.







Eight saucers - all doll-sized.

Chipped with green plaid bows and pink flowers.










A small Shawnee elephant cream pitcher - about five inches high.

He is listed in my Etsy shop.

Remember before buying the flood of reproductions of figural pottery pieces in the late 1980's and 90's.

I am no expert when it comes to telling the difference!



There were dozens of horse figurines.

I chose a lead horse and a distressed china one.


Also had to have the elf!



The last two were not miniatures.

This bulldog is missing the tips of his ears and was more than I should have paid for him, but look at his expression.

"Take me home!  Take me home!"

I did.




Last teeny treasure is about three inches high.

Marked Italy.

A figural puppy planter.

A few tips of his fur missing, but overall he is so ugly, he is cute!




This post catches you up with last week's finds.  

The next post will be all about crawling the Low Country with my niece Leia.  

Let's just say it has taken me all day to unload and photograph the contents of the truck.

I think it will take TWO posts!

See y'all!



Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA14

SHOP HERE! 








Follow Me on Pinterest

Thrifty Life Thursday #15 at Revisionary Life
Be Inspired #186 at Common Ground  
The Cottage Market Presents Junkin Joe Every Friday  Thoughts from Alice

11 comments:

  1. Loving the grey puppy missing the tips of his ears. He would make a good companion to the chalkware puppy I brought home this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did good again ... love you horse figures, especially the metal one. I think I have one like the one on the right only in plaster, like old carnival prizes. Anything Shawnee is great.
    Have fun.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is it about miniature thingies, I am always drawn to them.
    Looking forward to your posts highlighting your new finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know looks like you got a good eye, none of the figures you bought where repro's. I love the bulldog, he'd sell in two seconds. And I've never seen the shawnee elephant, he's adorable too. But above all what is the low country??? Sounds fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely doll china! I find those so cute, but if they are old, they are very expensive here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweet finds...love the tiny plates with the green and pink! That doggie is too cute with his pleading eyes. I would have bought him too I'm sure! You find the coolest stuff! Can't wait to see your treasures found with Leia! Happy Friday...Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always do good! I love that adorable doggy planter, what a face. I would of had to buy the dog with missing ear parts too, he is saying take me home. It reminds me when we go to our local Animal welfare and they are all in cages, their looks are like that. Me too, what is low country

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where is your shop located? Can you give me directions? I'm thinking about making a trip that way soon. Probably not this weekend, but soon. I think I'm going toward Madison and Greensboro this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of your little goodies, Donna...such character...and the elf is really FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the little bully the best....ours is missing part of his ears, too. ;) He has a great face. I would have paid what they wanted too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that lead horse! What a cool idea for the SPCA to raise funds, too. Thanks so much for sharing at Revisionary Life Thrifty Life Thursday!
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!