Monday, April 7, 2014

Abandoned Nests

Living life with abandonment
There is something very sad about an abandoned nest.

If I can reach it, I will rescue the nest from the elements and save it.

If I cannot reach it, I will take a photo and save it for an art piece or some tags.





I do appear to be on an abandonment theme here lately.

My abandoned art piece.

The post about abandoned animals at the shelter.








I am not being abandoned.













This nest was abandoned twice - once by the birds.

Then by the wasps.

A nest within a nest.








If you think I have abandoned you, I assure you I have not.

I am enjoying spring break with our niece Olivia.

I am quite sure we will be living life with abandonment.

Such a strange word "abandonment" - it can have both negative and positive meanings.





Have you loved a nest today?

Live life with abandonment.

The happy kind.

See y'all!







Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA14

SHOP HERE! 








Follow Me on Pinterest

Lavender Garden Cottage

11 comments:

  1. I am glad to know that you are not being abandoned!! How interesting to know that wasps may take over an abandoned nest. Wonder if that's why it was abandoned??

    ReplyDelete
  2. So relieved that we're not being abandoned! :-) Enjoying the nest photos. I love this time of year when the old nests are more visible. Enjoy your time with Olivia. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your nest photos. I never knew wasps nested in bird's nests. Hopefully they didn't kick them out, but waited until the birds were done with it. Enjoy your time with Olivia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You reminded me I should give some love to the abandonned nest I usually use in my decor at this time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here in Texas you must have a permit to collect nests. I, too, love nests but never thought to take a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have so many abandoned nests around here...bird, squirrel, wasp, & hornet and I am sure there are more. Hornet nests are so cool...but bird nests are the prettiest. I hope you and Olivia live life with abandonment this week and make lots of new memories! Enjoy my friend...:)
    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like collecting abandoned nests, too. I have a little bird that goes into my greenhouse every spring and makes a nest in one of my hanging baskets. Once she leaves, I bring it into the house. I can't wait until our Mexican honey wasps leave their nest, as they do every few years. It's as big as two basketballs and will be quite the porch decoration !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love nests! Once we had one right outside of our dining room window and got to watch the babies grow!
    Hope you're having a great week :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love abandoned nests. We generally bring in one or two a year. Some don't hold up as well as others. I really like finding eggs that have blown out of the nest. I've had quite a few, but they are inevitably attacked by the cats. Dammit! Your pictures are lovely. I never thought to photograph them. My neighbor had a huge and gorgeous hornet ( I think ) nest in his tree one year. My intent was to wait until the cold weather to remove it, because it would be way cool to have. But then it collapsed. I was devastated. My advise to use is to "live with abandon" vs "live with abandonment"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! I love nests and really enjoyed your play on words! ~Ann
    Tarnished Royalty

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have several found abandoned nests and eggs here. I do place them in the freezer in a bag for a few weeks to kill any mites. Hope you are having much fun.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!