|The True Distressed Donna|
On April 3, 2012, I started my blog with small dreams and even smaller hopes of anyone but family and friends reading it.
Read first blog here.
Through the year spent in Blogland, I have learned several valuable lessons:
!. People are genuinely nice. There is always someone out there to help you if you have a problem - blog, paint, life, furniture, craft supply overload, anything!
2. People are hilariously funny. There is always someone out there to laugh at your weak jokes and puns and provide you with chances to laugh with them.
3. People are tremendously faithful. There is always someone out there to share their family, their beliefs, and their junk with you. And they come back every week. Without being asked.
4. People are surprisingly creative. There is always someone out there to show you how to make something from absolutely nothing. Then turn around and make something else from it.
|Frozen Charlottes - A Passion|
5. People are authentically good writers. There is always someone out there with things to say, and they do it with style and verve. They never take words for granted. Words are gifts.
6. People are readily willing to share their opinions. There is always someone out there with strong feelings be it something of international concern or whether to use homemade or store-bought chalk paint.
|A true Rust Goddess must have daily doses of RUST!|
7. People are really diverse. There is always someone out there with a background so different from yours, it is amazing what you have in common. Usually painted furniture or rust or craft supplies.
8. People are totally committed in keeping this a community. There is always someone out there who makes sure everyone who wishes, can and will be included. Even someone who might need to be committed.
|Turquoise - my favorite color|
I have so enjoyed my year of living in Blogland. At first I had decided to live here for one year and then leave. I now find it is impossible to leave this community.
It has become a haven.
|I love to read vintage postcards|
Chucks catches me talking about women I admire or a new family pet or a death or a wonderful new way to corral craft supplies, and he asked, "Are these people real or on the computer?"
Oh, yes, they are real.
Unless you are a blogger, you would not understand.
We are sisters, mothers, daughters to each other.
For my blog b-day I decided to give myself a new header - you know, like those big girls have. I guess I am committed to this blogging thing.
I chose five photos that represent me. Took the trip to Pic Monkey and created a collage. Then softened it so readers could see my title and description. I am still playing with it so don't be surprised to see something different.
There are too many people to thank for helping me and for supporting me. I would be afraid of leaving someone important out.
If you go back to my first few blogs, you will not see any comments because I mistakenly thought I should erase the comments to make the blog load faster. BUT I have to mention Nancy - otherwise known as The Headmistress. She was my very first reader and commenter. Nancy has been with me the whole journey. See her blog.
Okay, to sum up. You will not be getting rid of me. I will still take awful photographs to share with you. I will still battle Horror Monster, my craft stash. I will still thrift- and junk-shop 'til I drop. I will still paint and distress furniture and anything else that gets in the way. I will still collect anything and everything that is rusty and crusty with age. Because that is who I am. And you, my friends, accepted me.