Sunday, April 7, 2013

Hello, Kiddies - Hangers


Remember the vintage toddler dresses I purchased recently?  I needed cute hangers for a store display.

I once had vintage wooden hangers with animal decals, but sold them years ago.

I decided to use a kitty graphic for the kiddie clothes. (Ha-Ha)







I traced a pattern onto cardboard using an adult hanger for the ends and a cup for the circle.

I needed a circle for the kitty head.












I checked to make sure the size was correct for the dresses.

Then I cut out six of them.















 I chose a scrapbook paper pattern and traced the hanger on a folded piece.

See - it is hinged at the top so it can fold over the cardboard.


I used some daubing glue to tack the paper onto the cardboard.  If I were to make these to sell, I would use Mod Podge and finish the edges with trim.
 













I selected this vintage kitty postcard from Karen at The Graphics Fairy.

I have made postcards for myself and others using this card.  I love the message and the kitty's expression.

Two things about the kitty:

1.  Belling a cat is not a good thing.  My mother put a bell on my first cat and it went insane.  Mike went to live in the woods.  He lived for years back there - only coming near people to get fed.

2.  Cats never look at you like this unless they are being charming for treats.







I cut their little heads off using the same cup as I used for the pattern.

Glued them on the circular part.

Brought out the Crop-A-Dile and some eyelets.













After smashing the eyelets into place, I used beading wire to make a loop.











The loop was made to hang on pegboard hooks.

If you really want to make some hangers for a pole, cut off the top of a wire hanger and insert it into the cardboard before applying the paper.  Make sure to glue it well.











As you can see, the effort was worthwhile.  The dresses look darling hanging around the Charlotte and her dresses shelf at the booth.  (See the shelf constructed here.)

I forgot to take my camera the day I set up the display so just pause a minute to use your imagination.










There was a whirlwind of activities around here this weekend.  The Masters Golf Tournament is coming  to town so lots of fluffing and stuffing at the antique mall.  Plus there was several major estate sales and city-wide  yard sales.  I shopped and I shopped.  Can't wait to show you the treasures!

See y'all!





Funky Junk




Follow Me on Pinterest  . Sweet Anne Designs - Sweet Sharing MondayThe Honeysuckle Bus StopThe Graphics FairyMy Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaCreative Cain CabinThe DIY DreamerFluster BusterVintage On A DimePhotobucket< />craftionary

12 comments:

  1. I paused. I imagined. I saw it in all its splendor and I've decided you are a genius. What a dedicated shopkeeper you are to think up such a clever way to hang those little kiddy clothes. I hope business booms!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitties are a fab choice! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute! I love the kitty hangers....so creative! I can't wait to see what treasures you found...:)I found a few this weekend too and posted some yesterday and today! Have a blessed week!

    Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those hangers are really great! Adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so creatively fabulous Donna! I just love the kitties!! And you are so right abut the bell on kitties... totally a bad idea. Love these hangers!! Can't wait to see all the treasures you found.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Purr-fect little hangers. Sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! Very creative. Thanks for sharing at Moonshine Monday!! Have a great week, chick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just as cute as can be...you are very talented.
    I am linking up to follow you..
    Over from Honeysuckle...

    ReplyDelete
  9. The only time it is acceptable to say "i cut the kitties head off" lol! Very clever my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute for words! I love the little vintage kitty! Thank you for sharing with us at the Give Me The Goods Link Party!
    www.dimplesandpigtales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute are those:) Brilliant idea. Thanks for sharing at the Cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute idea! These would be great in a kids room. You could theme them anyway you wanted. Thank you for sharing it at to What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a lovely week!

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!