Wednesday, August 22, 2012

New Booth Progress

A quick progress report on the antique scramble. Read all about it here. The crew working on the building is finishing up.  Dealers are painting and building and moving stuff over from the other side.  I must say Riverfront Antiques Mall is definitely changing for the better.

This is little B-5.  She has a name (of course).  I will reveal it later. 

I rarely put something in my booth that I do not have for sale like the slatted doors flanking the entrance.  BUT  I moved my screen doors over today and love the way they look against the green paint.  I may not put a price on them yet!

Hatboxes are hung down the chicken wire with drapery hooks.



This is the right side.  There is the dress form I finally found in a friend's booth who no longer wanted it.

I know the mirror is hung too low and Bonnie Blue Birds looks ridiculously small, but that will change.

That is an eight-foot long bridal veil I must find a place for - somewhere she can be reached!


This is looking from across the aisle.  The beige outside paint is not supposed to be changed, but today  some were repainting it to match their booth.  I will just live with it.  I am not spending extra money for prettifying.  Money is for items that are for sale!


A slightly different picture from across the aisle.

Boy, if it would only be this neat after the move!


I plan this area to be creams and whites.

Boy, when I was hauling and cleaning and setting this stuff up, I thought I had really accomplished something. Now I see I have got days to go.

Tomorrow the big doors come down next door and back up over here.




A quick extra note.  I just found out that using high resolution photographs fills up your storage quota on Picasa.  On this site you are not reminded nor told about the storage.  I am at 99.98% full.  After that you will be charged a fee.  So tonight after I downloaded my photos from my camera, I took them over to Pic Monkey to resize them.  I hope this will solve my storage issues and I can keep on blogging.  If anyone has an easy way (for a computer idiot like me) to reduce the storage photos let me know. . .

I'll be the one pushing a grocery cart down the sidewalk loaded down with just about anything you can think of!

See y'all!



Follow Me on Pinterest  . shabby creek cottageHomespun HappeningsFunky Junk's Sat Nite SpecialIt's OverflowingVisit My 1929 Charmer Blog!

9 comments:

  1. Ooh, ooh, ooh, hold that screen door for me. DO NOT sell it. It's mine, mine, mine...oh if only I didn't live a zillion miles away! I've been looking for that forever! No one has any for sale. Where DID you get it? Your booth is going to be filled to the brim with incredible finds. So fun (at least from my seat at home where I have not been hauling stuff into a booth like you have.) Love it and can't wait to see it all done. Great work! Left you instructions for the resizing pics in picasa (by email).
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the new place; break a leg!!! Can't wait to see more pics!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get excited seeing you working on your booth. I wish we had a place like that in this town. I am planning on having a booth next spring, but I will have to find outdoor markets. It would be wonderful to have an indoor space. That green paint looks very fresh . . . it's a very pretty shade. Best wishes on your new space. Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna your booth is looking fabulous! You know I'm a sucker for anything green! I love the chicken wire for hanging things! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna - we used to be at the Riverfront Antique Mall when they were in the big building. We visit every once in a while. I'll be sure to check out your booth next time we are over that way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny! I ended up paying Photobucket for a subscription. :( I can't wait to see it finished! Thank you for linking this up to Rustic Restorations Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's party time over at Debt Free Mommy Blog and you're invited!! Please stop on in and link up with Making Space Mondays. We look forward to seeing any post(s) about making your space better. Hope to see you there. -Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it's looking fantastic Donna - Love the shutter doors -
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your boot is looking good, a booth is always a work in progress. When something sells you start rearranging all over again. Rearrange to keep it interesting. From what I can see you'll have not problem! Very nice. I keep my photos on a external hard drive. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!