Saturday, August 11, 2012

A Pinch of Pink

I arrived home yesterday from a quick run around the thrifts and back home to finish some painting before the rain got here.  (How wonderful it is to be able to say that!  RAIN!)

As regular readers know our antique mall is moving next door and I am having to stage things here until I can fully move in.

 



So I sorted through the items.  This one for this booth and that one for that booth.  Which ones needed repair or cleaning or waxing or painting.
And what to my wondering eyes should appear, but eight tiny reindeer.  Scratch that.  Sorry.!

 What should appear?  PINK!  Yes, for some insane reason I had picked up a bunch of . . . 
 pink things.

Now don't get me wrong I like a pinch of pink, but I usually gravitate to primitive colors or creamy, dreamy whites.

But scattered about were items of pink in various hues!

There was a pink metal shelf, a pink toile handbag, and a bunch of pink hydrangea blooms -silk, of course!


 A dark pink gingham picture of pink roses with a pink floral ceramic ball were nestled next to a Fleur de lis distressed with white and a pale pink.



And finally two quilts.  The one above with pink and blue and cream patches and a little lavender, too.

A detail here of the pink and mint green quilt that came right in my door.



Well, I stacked and I sorted and I plotted.
Luckily for me here in the South pink and green are a popular duo, and you know I painted my small booth green, so I guess I will feature a small corner to-o-o-o-o

A PINCH OF PINK!

See y'all!







Follow Me on Pinterest  . It's OverflowingI'm a Fan of My 1929 Charmer Blog!

7 comments:

  1. Lately I'm loving pink ( since ASCP Antoinette color appeared ) I think it'll be so pretty in a " green " booth - sounds lovely to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see it all when its set up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quilts! I can't wait to see the finished booth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a neat collection of pink "stuff"! Love the ceramic rose painted ball/orb! Thanks for stopping by and thans for sharing your "thrifting" finds! dix---

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pink and green quilt is gorgeous! Love that color combo! And I adore toile, the pink purse is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty in pink! A very neat collection, and love the ceramic rose, Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving all the pink. Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!