Thursday, October 26, 2017

A Green Bench

furniture makeover, Howard's Citrus Shield wax, FolkArt paint, bench,  Primitive
The bench was supposed to be the perfect bench for the new laundry room.






However once the washer and dryer were installed, it was three inches too long.

Really!?!





Had the bench fit perfectly like I had carefully planned, it would have been left in this distressed state and waxed.

Look at all the storage underneath.







Made a color wash of my favorite color of FolkArt craft paint.

Half paint.

Half water.

Brushed it on quite generously.




Turned out w-a-a-a-a-y too bright for me.






Used Howard's Dark Oak wax to tone it down.

I quite like this bench.

Too bad it does not fit anywhere I would want it.

Off to the booth.



See y'all!









Follow Me on Pinterest

9 comments:

  1. Awww sorry that great bench did not fit. It will sell quickly it is a cutie.
    Have a great day.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont you just hate when that happens? Three inches??? I might've taken off one side and chopped 3in off one side and reattached the side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, well hopefully you'll find another one. 3" is a little long to make that work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, it turned out beautiful . . . sad that you can't use it in your home, but someone else is going to fall in love with it, I am certain:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that is too bad, because it is a great bench. So someone else will get this treasure! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just my style ... love the color too.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure it will be snatched up right away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just sold a cabinet that I had bought years ago for my bathroom and once the heater was put there, the cabinet didn't fit anymore!!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!