Sunday, May 17, 2015

Magnolia Ridge Antique and Art Gathering


Ridge Spring, SC, vintage and antiques, vintage tractors
Saturday was the day to be in Ridge Spring, South Carolina, for the sixth annual Magnolia Ridge Antique and Art Gathering.

More like a Dinner On the Ground or Homecoming rolled up with much-loved vintage and antique items.

The men gather in the front of the house to talk about everything while their wives shop.

And shop. 

And shop.



If you name something old, I am sure you could have found it here.

Dealers set up around the yard - under trees if they were lucky.






Lots to fall in love with like this red barrow probably for bricks.











The iconic rusted orange mailbox of Magnolia Ridge Farm.














Miss Harriet and her lovely plants were there.

She sells her plants in Ridge Spring just before the railroad tracks - open Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Or she says to just call the number on the shop door and she will be right over.








Yes, that door says $15 and I did not buy it.

Love the prim patriotic couple.















Olive from Olive Out was there with hubby Joe and partner Beth.

They have booths in Ridge Antiques - The Broome Closet.

You can catch up with Olive on - oliveout (Instagram)




 

I have a secret I have not shared with you.

I love old tractors!

Especially the rusty ones.











There were quite a few on exhibit by the Palmetto Tractor Club in Saluda, SC.

Quite impressive restoration work on these pampered beasts.







Of course, I am attracted to the rusty, crusty ones.












Palmetto Tractor Club will have a show at Harmon's Christmas Tree Farm on June 13, 8am-3pm.

3152 Augusta Hwy. Lexington, SC.

There will be a yard sale ($10 a table to set up) and activities for the children.

It will feature pulled pork BBQ.

YUM!







I always spend a lot of time at this dealer's space.

It is packed with goodies.












Magnolia Ridge Farm - the house - a beauty!












Look at the trim work.














Tables and tables and ...


















tables and ...










tables!








Some things I meant to buy and forgot:

This vibrant blue house.













A couple of these books.


















The tiny butcher block.

The pink chair.















A lovely ladder but too tall for me.


















This is Maddie - a Rust Princess.

She had a table set up with her rusty finds.

Maddie spends some of her free time digging around the railroad tracks collecting rusty spikes, hinges, locks, etc.

I enjoyed talking with Maddie about our common love for rust.





Dale makes bird houses and benches from reclaimed wood.

This is always the first place I stop and buy stuff.

His shop is in Abbeville, SC - right off the square.








Just for Benita of Chasing Quaintness .

I found a Coca-Cola Santa who still had his Coke bottle!

This was found in Millie's space - she is in The House Next Door - just off the square in Edgefield, SC.


































Look at that adorable face - one only a Rust Goddess would love!

I planned to tell Chucks he followed me home like a puppy, but I knew he would not believe me.

I will show my treasures on this week's Friday Finds post.

Hope you enjoyed the Gathering.

See y'all!



 








Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA15

SHOP HERE! 







Follow Me on Pinterest

Show and Share No.262
Vintage Inspiration Party #189 
Share Your Style #14 
Feathered Nest Friday

 
I'd love to have you join in my link party

Let's Talk Vintage Link Party


Dwellings-The Heart of Your HomeSavvy Southern StyleTreasure Hunt ThursdayThe Dedicated House

21 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great day. I have no idea if there is anything like that held around here. I've never heard of it if there is. I need to try to look up events in north central Florida and see what I can find. I would love to go to something like this. Maddie is a cutie pie! Can't wait to see what you bought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Donna ... wish I could have gone along with you. I could have really gotten in trouble there ... so much good stuff. Love the old tractors too. Thanks for sharing. Excited to see what you bought.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I wish we had more venues like this close by (and frequent). That brick barrow - oh my! Why did you not go back and get those things you said you forgot?? Love that blue house and that tiny butcher block! Maddie - how frikkin' cute is she and her quest for treasures? And the tractor is quite handsome - I like the rustier one best too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like fun but far from Oregon,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like so much fun, and looks like it was a beautiful day. Love that pink chair, and that house is gorgeous! How fun to meet fellow rust lover Maddie. She's adorable. Looking forward to seeing all your treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun day! Love me some rusty junk!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems the gathering is a lot of fun ad you were lucky it was sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! looks like a great time. I'm with you...the tractors make me swoon!
    I follow Olive on Olive out...
    are you on IG too?

    Can't wait to see your finds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patricia. We must drag Donna over to IG just every now and again. Not to take away from the blog.

      Delete
  9. I have to admit: I checked Google Maps for the location. A 4-hour drive is just a bit too far. I would love to have been there, and it looks like you were in your element! The house is gorgeous! Love the trim!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too loved that house, old fashioned. We have few like that in Grand Junction. As I looked at photos of all that awesome stuff I was "oooohhhing and aahhhing". Haven't been to anything like that since we moved from KY. We lived north of Bowling Green but traveled all over. A town north east of Bowling Greens called Smith's Grove had antique/vintage stores. I got to know many of dealers, owners as spent time looking. They'd have shows from Fall to Spring/summer. How I loved those shows. Nothing like that where we live now, miss that so much. Did lot of antiquing and vintage looking in MT also where we lived before KY. Really miss that so much. Helena would have great shows downtown. Things people could afford. If I do find things here (Grand Junction) they're too expensive for my budget, not the variety here either. It's better for my health here than KY but so miss my favorite past time.
    Have great week. Look forward to seeing what you have in future post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of goodies there Donna and enough Rust to cause a junkin gal to OD!!
    I could just see you up there on one of those tractors. Put on those pantaloons and some cowgirl boots and you'd be lookin good!
    hugs
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a great day was had by all. Wish I had been there too. Can't wait to see the goodies you found. sb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a very fun time with lots of vintage goodies! Great to see Olive.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Donna, what a fun place to be! I would love to go to something like this. The tractors are awesome, but give me that red barrow! lol! Trying to figure out this non reply business. Thanks for letting me know!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful trip with so many wonderful treasures! I cannot wait to see what all you bought! And the SANTA!!! How awesome is that??!!! With the coke bottle!! A truly rare find!! Thank you so much for sharing that photo!! I do hope you brought him home with you!! And how many tractors did you buy? You and my father-in-law would get along very well. He has a collection of old tractors down on his hunting property in Alabama!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Squeee!!! Having just returned from my rest in the Bahamas I find this smashing post (not to mention me-Dear Lord). I am anxious to see what you purchased as I barely left my space. I did manage to buy four chairs and a table though prior to 8 AM. Thank you for shopping with us..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like it was a lot of fun! Love that Maddie is so young and already into junkin' and collecting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Tractors! My mom had a serious thing for tractors, especially John Deeres, so I think of her whenever I see them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me.
    www.pinellaswindowsanddoors.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Antiques are treasure! Indeed a beautiful masterpiece. Thanks for sharing!

    St Peterburg, FL windows

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!