Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Kitchen Renovation - Week Four - Tuesday

Kitchen renovation, Mannington pewter filagree floor, Victorian Pewter paint color
Week Three of the kitchen renovations was a one-day flurry followed by nothing.

Week Four started with electricians, plumbers, dry wall men, and painters.




It was a non-stop two days.

Gray primer went up on Monday.

You can see the previous paint color - Dover White - sorta creamy.





We only had to do without the fridge for two hours during the entire renovations.

One very small dent on the back but no paint drops.








The floor went in.

















The back door went in.

THREE TIMES!

This old house no longer has square anything.

A lot of adjustments and now it fits just fine.











There are several things we love about this renovation - the floor being near the top of the list.





It does not show dirt!

Mannington Pewter Filagree.




Two coats of primer and the painters called it quits for the day.








Returned on Tuesday for the dramatic final coat.

Victorian Pewter.

This is the pantry.















Pantry to the fridge.

The main kitchen goes off to the right.
















From the breakfast room through the galley kitchen to the laundry room.

After decades of a dark kitchen, there are lights!









From the laundry room to the breakfast room.

The rest of Week Four tomorrow.

This was the fourth week in May.

Are we finished yet?

No, but getting there.



See y'all!










Follow Me on Pinterest


11 comments:

  1. I love it Donna! LOVE that pantry with all those cabinets! Great resale feature, not to mention that you're gonna love it too. Those lights! YES! That floor! YES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, Your new kitchen is looking wonderful. I love the colors and that floor. I know it has been exhausting, but you will enjoy your new space soon.
    hugs,
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send those contractors my way. My new house needs some work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna it looks beautiful. Love all the cabinets and that floor is so pretty.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks just great, Donna. That pantry is WONDERFUL!!! I like the floor and I can tell it won't show anything. Great choices. I can't wait to see more! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors you chose! The greys and peweters! It has taken awhile to get it done but it's looking so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking wonderful. I know you'll be sooooooooooo glad when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So exciting! Love your color choices. I'm just now picking out grays for our living room and dining room. Still waiting for the demo guys to start up the project....hurry up and wait, right?lol Can't wait to see the final product of all that work! xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Mannington flooring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the floor (the color, design and doesn't show dirt) and the wall paint. Very lovely combination, and dramatic! We all need a little drama in our lives. It's too bad you had to deal with the redoing your kitchen to get it! lol I like the lightness of your cabinets. Are they painted? Natural wood? Someday it will be us getting our kitchen redone! I love that yours is a galley. You don't have to figure out how to add in an island. If we didn't have an island, we would have an eat-in kitchen. If we didn't have our computer table taking up space, we would already have had an eat-in kitchen. Hmmm...I'll have to talk to Katie about my revelation...getting rid of the island.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!