Friday, July 21, 2017

Friday Finds - Vintage Market Days

Friday finds, vintage metal, Vintage Market Days, antique fairOn the same weekend as the Magnolia Ridge Gathering back in May, there was a Vintage Market Days event in North Augusta about a mile from Riverfront Antique Mall.

It was a boon for the sales at the booth.

I did not get to attend the first day, but after Ridge Spring on Saturday morning, I drove back to Aiken, unloaded, and headed to North Augusta.

I was searching for metal stuff for the kitchen.

This is not old but it is perfect for Chucks to have hanging over his coffee station.

Just a gentle reminder, you know.




A large sheet of pressed tin.

Have not used it yet, but it may not remain whole.










Pressed tin cornice pieces.

I have a project involving sheep for these.









I met Sarah Jane Fisher of Southern Boy Primitives and fell in love with the items she and Andy sell as they travel.

You can find them on Facebook HERE - Southern Boy Primitives.







These are pieces from a Makom chicken brooder.

They have a delicious rusty look.

I have them outside getting a little more rusty before I seal them.







I will probably use them in a row on the outside wall where there is currently a big hole in the brick where the old vent fan was removed.

My hope is it will cover the difference in the new brick and the old brick.

Chucks has gone around the neighborhood looking for old brick matching what is on our house.

He has amassed quite a stack.

When looking to see if I could find a picture of a Makom brooder I found an ad for an auction in the Hutchinson Herald in November, 1944. There was a Makom brooder listed under machinery. Auction advertisement - HERE.

Sorry, I could not find a photo.
I was able to attend the first Vintage Market Days in two places in South Carolina. The one in Ladson was cooler, but the one in North Augusta was closer.  Several of the same dealers, but I will probably attend both of the fall shows.

I was impressed with each event.



See y'all!









Follow Me on Pinterest


11 comments:

  1. I am happy to hear your opinion of the Vintage Market Days. There is to be a Vintage Market Days in College Park in November and I am planning to go. You got some great pieces for you kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found some great tin finds for your newly renovated kitchen. I cannot wait to see what you do with them Donna. Happy Friday.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do love the rusty and crusty! Great finds! I do love that first sign and it's in metal! Maybe I'll get to Vintage Market Days in the fall. We need to reschedule our get together! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://hogsandroses.blogspot.com/2009/10/chickens-on-tree-skirt.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://patinawhite.typepad.com/patina_white/2012/06/my-way-on-the-hallway.html

      Delete
    2. i had a blast scrolling through googles vintage chicken brooders images xx

      Delete
  5. I try to make that quote my motto all the time. That's why I left Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always find the best things- It makes the work of the hunt worth it. Hope you have a great weekend- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting finds! Hoping to see how you repurpose them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea to use those pieces to hide the difference in the brick color. They will make an interesting art piece as well! Has it been scorching hot for you as well? I'm ready for fall...lol!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!